Series 160 Stainless Steel Pitot Tube
ASME Design Meets AMCA and ASHRAE Codes
The Series 160 Stainless Steel Pitot Tube is constructed from corrosion resistant stainless steel with permanently etched insertion depth graduations for a lifetime of service. The static pressure port is parallel to the sensing tube to allow quick, easy alignment of the tube with air flow. A universal model fits the user supplied 3/4" schedule 40 pipe in any length.
Download the Air Velocity Calculator App for Android® devices.
- Monitor or control air velocity or air flow when combined with differential pressure gage, switch or transmitter
Models & Ordering
- Low sensitivity to misalignment up to 15 degrees
- No calibration needed due to ASHRAE tip design
- Silver soldered connections for leak-proof operation
- 5/16" models rated to 1500°F (815.5°C)
- Compression Fitting - mounting option for 166/167 Series. Add -CF suffix (166-6-CF).
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-158||Split flange.||Same Day||$13.75||Order|
|A-159||Mounting gland with 1/2" male NPT.||Same Day||$28.00||Order|
|A-156||Flange mounting plate with 1/2" female NPT.||Same Day||$16.25||Order|
|A-397||Rugged step drill, quickly provides true round holes in thin materials, no center punch needed to start, automatically de-burrs drilled hole, high speed steel, drills 3/16" through 1/2" holes in 1/16" increments.||Same Day||$55.00||Order|
|A-532||Air velocity calculator slide chart.||Same Day||$10.00||Order|
|A-160-CASE||Pitot tube carrying case.||Same Day||$171.00||Order|
- How do I hook up my Magnehelic® gage for an air velocity application with a pitot tube?
- In our Application Guides on flow products, we explain very well how to take air velocity readings. The total pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the high pressure ports on the gage. The other high pressure port is plugged. The static pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the low pressure ports on the gage. The other low pressure port is plugged.
- The gland fitting A-159 is shown as an accessory to the Series 160 Pitot tube. How do you install the fitting past the elbow in the tube?
- The optional mounting gland, model A-159, is designed to slide over any Series 160, 5/16” diameter standard pitot tube. It should be large enough to slide past the elbow while still being small enough to tighten down on the 5/16” diameter shaft.
- How do you do traverse readings with a Pitot tube for air velocity and air flow readings?
- Dwyer has a guide on how to calculate air velocity and air flow with Pitot Tubes including traverse readings located on our website at: Air Velocity Measurement
- I have a question about the Series 160 Pitot tube. I am wondering whether you can use this as a water flow measurement instead of air flow measurement. Best, Thanks
- Our Series 160 pitot tube is specifically designed to monitor or control air velocity or air flow and not water flow. Our Series DS in-line flow sensors can be used for flow rate sensing of compatible gases and liquids for schedule 40 pipe.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.