Series AVPT Pencil Style Air Velocity Transmitter
3% and 5% Models, Optional BACnet Communication Protocols
The Series AVPT Pencil Style Air Velocity Transmitter uses thermal anemometer technology to provide high accuracy and stable air velocity measurements in imperial and metric units. The Series AVPT can be configured with either a voltage output or BACnet MS/TP communication to provide universal inputs to a variety of monitoring equipment. Models are available with fixed cable lengths of 20 or 78 inches with flying leads or a 5-pin M12 connector on a 24 inch cable. Probes are available in lengths of 6 or 12 inches. A mounting flange included with the product provides the ability to vary insertion depth.
Models are available in 3% or 5% accuracy to suit a variety of applications, while the optional BACnet MS/TP communication protocol allows units to be daisy-chained to provide access to all of the velocity and temperature measurements.
- VAV systems
- Building ducts
Models & Ordering
- Clean air.
- 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000 FPM (5, 10, 15, or 20 m/s); Model specific.
- Standard: ±(5% reading +40 FPM); High accuracy: ±(3% reading +40 FPM); Model specific.
- Power Requirements:
- 24 VAC/VDC ±20%.
- Current Consumption:
- < 50 mA.
- Analog: 0-10 V (0-5 V configurable).
- BACnet MS/TP:
- Selectable at time of order.
- Supported Baud Rate:
- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, and 115200.
- Voltage Output Load Resistance:
- 10k Ω minimum (10 V output with AC supply); 1k Ω minimum all other conditions.
- Electrical Connection:
- Cable: Plenum rated cable with 22 AWG conductors.
- 5-Conductor Cable whip:
- 20" (0.5 m) or 78" (2 m).
- 5-pin M-12:
- 24" (0.6 m); model specific.
- Response Time (90%):
- 4 s, typical.
- Operational Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
- Storage Temperature Limits:
- -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C).
- Probe Length:
- 6" or 12"; model specific.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 3.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Flow direction must be parallel to the sensor tip; See Installation section for details.
- 1.4 oz (40 g); based on M12 connection with 12" probe length.
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, RCM, BTL, UL plenum rated (UL tested).
- Sensing elements have been coated with an engineered conformal coating to ensure durability and longevity
- Varying lengths for easy installation
- Functionality at temperatures below freezing
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|SCD-PS||100 to 240 VAC/VDC to 24 VDC power supply.||Same Day||$33.00||Order|
|A-AVUL-MTG||Replacement duct mount plate assembly.||1-2 Weeks||$5.70||Order|
AVPT-XXXXX-X-OPT AVPT AIR VELOCITY TRANSMIITTER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY S STANDARD a5% RDG + 40 FPM H HIGH ACCURACY a3% RDG + 40 FPM 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) AIR VELOCITY RANGE 01 1000 FPM 02 2000 FPM 03 3000 FPM 04 4000 FPM 05 5 M/S 10 10 M/S 15 15 M/S 20 20 M/S 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) ELECTRICAL CONNECTION C1 CABLE WHIP 20 INCH (0.5M) C2 CABLE WHIP 78 INCH (2M) M1 M12 CONNECTOR 24" (0.6M) 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) OUTPUT TYPE A ANALOG 0-5V AND 0-10V B BACNET MS/TP 5TH SYMBOL (5TH X) PROBE LENGTH 06 6 INCHES 12 12 INCHES 6TH SYMBOL (6TH X) BACNET ADDRESS ??? 000-127 (WHOLE INTEGER) (ONLY WITH OUTPUT B, OTHERWISE BLANK) OPTIONS (OPT) -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -NIST NIST TRACEABLE CERTIFICATE
Product Data Sheet
- Are there any advantages to using a BACnet model other than the communications output?
- When purchased with the BACnet communication option, the AVPT can display both the air velocity reading and temperature reading from a single device minimizing the need for an additional temperature sensor in the duct.
- The incorrect range was ordered in an AVPT; can I re-scale or calibrate this sensor in the field?
- The AVPT models are calibrated to a specific range from the factory and cannot be re-ranged in the field.
- What is the maximum length that you can extend the wire leads?
- The maxiumum cable length will vary depending on configuration and power supply; however, a 22 AWG shielded wire at 24V would provide suitable operation for most applications at a length of 328 feet (100 meters).
- Can the AVPT output volumetric flow readings
- No, the AVPT is configured to output air velocity readings in FPM or M/S only. Consider looking at the AVUL for a unit able to output volumetric air flow.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.